As a professional artist and an exciting creativity facilitator Cheryl Jones Evans will ignite your exuberant, expressive creative self. She is a passionate well-seasoned leader with more than 28 years in all facets of the visual arts industry and 18 years of creativity facilitating. Cheryl holds a BA in Arts Management (UMASS) has been listed with Florida Department of Cultural Affairs as a presenter, the Creativity Coaching Association, the Florida Arts in Education Association, and the National Independent Artists Association. She served on the City of Casselberry Parks and Recreation Advisory Board as the Arts liaison and currently serves on the Leesburg Center for the Arts board as the director of Artistic Community Building. She actively facilitates The Central Florida Artist’s Way Group, has instructed classes at a small private college, conducts weekend creativity seminars, and regularly facilitates other spiritually based creative and art marketing classes with arts organizations all over the state of Florida.

Oh....and she actively, passionately, constantly CREATES!

http://www.cheryljonesevans.com/

Sunday, May 17, 2020

The 4 letter "F" word is not what you think it is!

...it has been a long time since I have been here.  Mostly since I have retired from teaching, but I can never retire from being creative. 

I recently was talked into joining an arts group, which by the way I had used as a case study for a couple of my classes for my Arts Management degree, so I had some knowledge of their working (or nonworking) parts.

What I have run into is the biggest cloud of mass fear.  It really is a case of perfection paralyzation.  Rather than risking failure, they will come up with 32 reasons "not to".  Fear and perfection are the 2 biggest enemies of creativity.  I am heartbroken to see so many talented and creative people that have just been frozen.  No growth, no support, no excitement, never the opportunity to try something new, breaking through fear and achieving success....or for that matter experiencing failure and learning what does not work. FEAR is the 4 letter F word...it stops everything! I have plenty of real fear in my life, and I am wondering if I need to choose to surround myself with more of it?

No comments: