As a professional artist and an exciting creativity facilitator Cheryl Jones Evans will ignite your exuberant, expressive creative self. She is a passionate well-seasoned leader with more than 28 years in all facets of the visual arts industry and 18 years of creativity facilitating. Cheryl holds a BA in Arts Management (UMASS) has been listed with Florida Department of Cultural Affairs as a presenter, the Creativity Coaching Association, the Florida Arts in Education Association, and the National Independent Artists Association. She served on the City of Casselberry Parks and Recreation Advisory Board as the Arts liaison and currently serves on the Leesburg Center for the Arts board as the director of Artistic Community Building. She actively facilitates The Central Florida Artist’s Way Group, has instructed classes at a small private college, conducts weekend creativity seminars, and regularly facilitates other spiritually based creative and art marketing classes with arts organizations all over the state of Florida.

Oh....and she actively, passionately, constantly CREATES!

http://www.cheryljonesevans.com/

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Old Eccentric Artsy Broad is NOW Playing

I have come up with quite literally a ba-zillion things that compromise my creativity, but there is one that consistently buzzes around like an annoying summer house fly. It really has more to do with age and being reared in the genteel south that compromises how I feel about myself and my creativity. Raised in a small rural southern town in the fifties and sixties, there is a reoccurring movie that plays in my head about who and what a proper southern lady is.  

My poor parents made a valiant effort to bring me up as a refined respectable southern lady.
However, I have and continue to miserably fail  Respectable Southern Lady 101 lessons. 
I do not wear sweet summer southern belle dresses or pointy toed high heels. I prefer raggedy shorts and flip-flops that I get paint on and create in.

I do not have a beautiful southern manicured lawn because I can't seem to grow anything but weeds, however in my opinion, anything green that grows and requires mowing, IS a lawn! I do have a  blooming magnolia tree in my front yard, that should count for a few pathetic refined southern lady points.
I do not belong to any ladies do-good civic organizations, because I do not need to be a "lady" or organized to do good.

To this day, there continues to be a nagging refined respectable southern lady movie that plays over and over in my head, a constant and lousy reminder of my failure to attain that status.

It is about time for me to let go of the fear of falling short of the typical, elegant, refined respectable southern lady expectations and at last embrace and celebrate all that I am right now.

With all this being said, I am pleased to announce,
The Refined Respectable Southern Lady movie has been canceled.
The Old Eccentric Artsy Broad show is now playing!

No comments: