As a professional artist and an exciting creativity facilitator Cheryl Jones Evans will ignite your exuberant, expressive creative self. She is a passionate well-seasoned leader with more than 28 years in all facets of the visual arts industry and 18 years of creativity facilitating. Cheryl holds a BA in Arts Management (UMASS) has been listed with Florida Department of Cultural Affairs as a presenter, the Creativity Coaching Association, the Florida Arts in Education Association, and the National Independent Artists Association. She served on the City of Casselberry Parks and Recreation Advisory Board as the Arts liaison and currently serves on the Leesburg Center for the Arts board as the director of Artistic Community Building. She actively facilitates The Central Florida Artist’s Way Group, has instructed classes at a small private college, conducts weekend creativity seminars, and regularly facilitates other spiritually based creative and art marketing classes with arts organizations all over the state of Florida.

Oh....and she actively, passionately, constantly CREATES!

http://www.cheryljonesevans.com/

Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Synchronicity Fairy

Synchronicity, a wonderful concept! Julia Cameron author of The Artist's Way introduces us to psychologist Carl Jung’s theory of synchronicity. It postulates that there is an underlying connection to the universe that manifests itself through meaningful coincidences. Some scientists are beginning to see a theoretical grounding for synchronicity in quantum physics, fractal geometry, and chaos theory, but personally...
I think it is the Synchronicity Fairy.

Somewhere along the way, I apparently grew up, lost the magic of make believe and replaced it with psychological theories grounded in quantum physics and fractal geometry. I have decided it is time to dump the scientific theories and revive my inner child’s imagination.

My inner child still holds Santa Claus as the supreme high holy synchronistic sovereign. Make a list of toys, and poof– he manifests them! The Easter bunny works pretty much the same way, he just does not get the press that Santa does. Of course part of the problem is that a basket of colored boiled eggs and chocolate is good, but cannot hold a candle to a Barbie Dream House or the blue Schwinn with a handle bar basket.

I think it is time to introduce you to my Synchronicity Fairy. She is a first cousin of the Tooth Fairy and they share many of the same characteristics. The Synchronicity Fairy is stealth, preferring not to be exposed by the retail industry and blatant commercialization, like Santa and the Bunny. The Tooth Fairy requires I loose a tooth before I get a quarter under my pillow. The Synchronicity Fairy expects me to loose my doubts, my ego, and all of my preconceived notions before she will bestow her gifts. The Tooth Fairy only works with my eyes closed because I already know what her gifts are. The Synchronicity Fairy prefers I keep my eyes wide open and pay close attention so I do not miss a thing; her gifts are different every time.

Yes indeed, I believe I have reconnected to my inner child!

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.”
Pablo Picasso

4 comments:

Shari Sherman said...

Whoo-hoo! You know I love the Synchronicity Fairy! When she visits, it's like a hug from the Universe.

terry said...

I love this, The Synchronicity Fairy. I'm so glad the inner child is refound and ready to play and create.

Wynelle said...

I have a Parking Angel. My husband reminds me all the time. That must be another of the Synchronicity Fairy's aliases!!

I absolutely LOVE your blog. I'm so glad you didn't let the monsters keep you down. You inspire me. (big-hugs)

Unknown said...

youre just brilliant. I am in total agreement. The book that changed my life is called Nine Modern Day Muses and a Body Gaurd by Jill Badonsky - I add to that today ".....and a Synchronicity Fairy!" THese snippits of whimsy and wonder make my day.. honestly they allow me a little shelter from the storm and remind me of the goodness of God. I know that it's here that I need to nurture and grow and protect ~ otherwise I can start to fall into the deception that the bad guys win and any hope of peace is just a waste of energy and that faith love and hope have been defeated. i am grateful to you ~ we'll most likely never meet, ongoing interaction unlikely but the essence of who you are connected with a place in me ~ a deep inner knowing and for that I'm really very thankful I pray that you continue to be inspired and your serches all end at the house of a fairy or muse Have a great day..