As a professional artist and an exciting creativity facilitator Cheryl Jones Evans will ignite your exuberant, expressive creative self. She is a passionate well-seasoned leader with more than 28 years in all facets of the visual arts industry and 18 years of creativity facilitating. Cheryl holds a BA in Arts Management (UMASS) has been listed with Florida Department of Cultural Affairs as a presenter, the Creativity Coaching Association, the Florida Arts in Education Association, and the National Independent Artists Association. She served on the City of Casselberry Parks and Recreation Advisory Board as the Arts liaison and currently serves on the Leesburg Center for the Arts board as the director of Artistic Community Building. She actively facilitates The Central Florida Artist’s Way Group, has instructed classes at a small private college, conducts weekend creativity seminars, and regularly facilitates other spiritually based creative and art marketing classes with arts organizations all over the state of Florida.

Oh....and she actively, passionately, constantly CREATES!

http://www.cheryljonesevans.com/

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good Vibrations

Celebrating the beginning of the lucky 13th year of creative facilitating is an excellent time to take a look back at the countless classes, workshops, summer Artist’s Way groups and remember all of the wonderful creatives I have had the privilege of getting to know. Every group has its own good vibrations, developing their own personality, each one of them completely different; each one of them has touched my heart in their own way and have contributed so much to my own creativity! I am so grateful!

As each new class gets ready to start, it begins. Every time I stand in front of a new class I am scared to death, my heart pounds and I ask myself why I am doing this! I panic, I sweat, my throat is dry and my voice cracks! I wonder if they notice. I want desperately to know what you are all thinking, do you like me, do you think I am nuts, will you trust me, are you laughing at me? Every fear you can imagine is lurking just under my skin and my first inclination is to turn and run. The terror is overwhelming!

The 2011 Artist’s Way Group will be extremely different, adding a completely new level of anxiety. So many things have changed and so have I. No classroom in the traditional sense, a new venture into the cyber world.

There is a new incredible electricity and energy filling my heart. I am so excited and am certain that these good vibrations are just the beginning of one of the most exhilarating creative summers of my life.

No comments: